However, as soon as it was done last year, I slowly dropped the habit, and I felt it was time to revive the project again this year for a second run. I was hoping not to do it alone, and thankfully again I was accompanied by a few souls. In addition to the encouragement offered, it was genuinely nice to read the reflections of other people throughout the days that we were doing this. I also particularly like that twitter's built in character limit encourages pithy, insightful, yet short tweets.
Here are mine, done in the order that I tweeted them. Embedding each tweet would not have been worth it, as it would make the page too heavy to load. I've broken them up into groupings of 10, and to finish off the 40, I did two. The idea was that the tweets themselves would be inspired by the events of the day preceding, and as I look back on them now, I can remember why I tweeted them for most; the more generic sounding ones not so much. Finally, it's pretty astounding how quickly 40 days will pass.
I don't have time to go into the details and analyse recurring themes, etc, but anyone who is familiar with me or my blog should spot a few familiar thoughts (I hope, anyway). To follow the hashtag as it is now, click here.
---------
Day 1
A little bit of a cheat maybe, but it's true that I reflected little once the 40 ended. Crucial to set time aside.
Day 2
Alhamdulillah for the blessing of close friends, mirrors that reveal your blind spots and advise you accordingly.
Day 3
If a so called "first world problem" can dent our day, spare a thought for those who have "real world problems"
Day 4
As within, so without; if you're ugly or beautiful internally, this will eventually manifest externally too.
Day 5
Oftentimes the answer to our problems are right infront of us, yet we are unaware.
Day 6
Bad choices upon each other compound. Likewise good choices compound good choices. Choose wisely & consistently
Day 7
The illness or death of those close to us is inevitable, decreed by Him. We should be thankful for such reminders
Day 8
There genuinely, truly aren't enough hours in the day. Good; you _have_ to choose, & choices reveal who you are
Day 9
As important being productive is, it's also good to set time aside for renewal. Balance is key
Day 10
When opportunities arise, do not be hasty in accepting or rejecting them. Contemplate, seek counsel, then act.
---------
Day 11
The world, our lives, are crucibles, in which our faith, and purity, are tested and strengthened. Do not forget
Day 12
Beware the silver-tongued traps that lead to procrastination; try to identify the patterns that lose you time.
Day 13
Alhamdulillah for the blessing of friends, and family, and for gatherings to appreciate these.
Day 14
Success comes from refusing to be outworked, which in itself comes from somewhere else entirely...
Day 15
In a world where instant gratification is at our fingertips, we (by "we" I mean "me") must learn patience.
Day 16
A quite productive day, rarity for me, achieved by not losing sight of the end goal.
Day 17
You have no idea how many paths of others that you will cross. Aim to make every interaction a good one.
Day 18
Chasing "happiness" is a fools errand. Pursue things that are of meaning, of substance, of significance instead
Day 19
I used to be a morning person. Time to reclaim them as my own again.
Day 20
Change starts with you. I guess it depends on how badly you want it.
---------
Day 21
Only you are responsible for how you shape your life. It's both daunting and exhilarating.
Day 22
A short pencil is _always_ better than a long memory. Today was much more productive because of that only.
Day 23
The 'aql (intellect) is a beautiful gift/tool. We _should_ use it to help us get what we want for both worlds.
Day 24
Alhamdulillah even for the days when you aren’t so productive, but at least manage to get something done.
Day 25
Do I choose my plan, flawed, made with limited knowledge, or His, designed perfectly? Only 1 answer
Day 26
As much as you think you know, please don't assume you know everything. Ughhhh (Discovered the hard way. Again)
Day 27
Despite my minimalist aspirations, I have yet again acquired wayyyy too much. Time for (another) clear out.
Day 28
Today had positives and negatives, and I'm not sure what to make of that, save to say life is like this, too
Day 29
Progress is not instant; rather it is long, slow, exhausting, and sometimes painful. And it _must_ be so.
Day 30
Man genuinely has no idea where the solutions to the problems in his life will appear from. Just Subhanallah
---------
Day 31
Empty vessels make the most noise; and twitter is the echo chamber. I think it's time to reduce, if not remove.
Day 32
Be grateful, I guess, for the opportunity to help people. That's a blessing - one not many people utilise
Day 33
For the good days, be thankful, and make the most of them , for "bad" days are promised to come as well.
Day 34
In which the protagonist learns NOT to rationalise away gut feelings with rational lies. Again. And again.
Day 35
Recurring theme; the easier (worse) path is always an option, but the harder, tougher part is always better.
Day 36
On small consistent actions are great successes built. Just be patient and watch in awe as everything compounds
Day 37
The day started rightly has untold promise. The corollary is also true; very little will come of not started so
Day 38
"I have, by my choices, reduced the likelihood of the future I want".
Actions have consequences; always reflect
Day 39
Wisdom sometimes comes from the most unexpected people. That we don't expect it, however, reveals our own bias.
Day 40 (Part I)
Recurring theme; Alhamdulillah for the blessing of genuine friends
Day 40 (Part II)
As good as this life gets (and sometimes it is _very_ good), we need to remember that better awaits us
---------
As with last time, there is a possibility that I will drop the habit, again. I hope not, but as always, time will tell.
--------
Always in need of duas, please keep me in yours.
With duas for you and yours,
I

No comments:
Post a Comment