Friday, 16 May 2014

Opportunity

Opportunity knocks
early in the morning
patiently waiting
waiting for me
to get out of bed

Opportunity drops
chance after chance
into my lap
yet I don’t fully
understand

Opportunity flocks
to others already taken
rewarding the one
who grasped those
that came previously

Opportunity costs
other opportunities
such is the nature
of paths that fork
in the road ahead 

Opportunity rocks
me to my very core
as I slowly grasp
the potential that is
afforded to me 

Opportunity mocks
me who would dream
of great and grand things
yet doesn’t act
when the chance comes

Opportunity stops
knocking on my door
once it is clear
that I prefer the
comfort of my bed

but… 

Opportunity hopes
that as I let it go
maybe one day
I’ll take a different one
offered to me.

---------

- Written on 27/01/2014.
- One word changed when I posted it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment