---------
(Salam)
It is a pleasure, and an honour to be delivering the best man speech.
At this early point, I would like to ask the couple to take part in my speech. [Fatema], please put your left/right hand on the table. [Ali], now put your left/right hand on top of hers. I would like to ask you both to keep your hands in this position until the end of my speech.
Now, thanks are due. It is a well accepted fact that a lot of time, effort, and stress goes into the planning of weddings, and making sure everything comes off smoothly, and for that, I would like to take this moment to show some appreciation and say thank you to both families, who have made today possible. Thank you.
I can't remember where I've heard it before; in a lecture somewhere, but the point was made that, on the day of a wedding, do not look at the bride and groom for signs of a successful marriage, but rather, look at the faces of the parents - and you will know. This day belongs to [Fatema] and [Ali], absolutely. But this day is also the parent's day as well... congratulations.
Now, when I mention stress, there is one person here who had absolutely no stress whatsoever. Yep, all [Ali] had to do was turn up, while [Fatema] was probably stressing out over every minute detail. Well, [Fatema], I am happy to tell you that the marriage is where the stress changes hands; From now on you will not have to stress at all, and from now on, [Ali], I am sorry to say that you will be introduced to stress on a whole new level. No more going out at night without your wife's permission, and instead of just thinking about you, you now have to think for two.
It's not so bad; and there is at least something I can do to make this all better. Now, this is why I asked [Ali] to place his hand on top of [Fatema]'s. [Ali] ... in my final role as your Best Man, it is with great pleasure that I have been able to give you at least a few moments where you have had the upper hand in the relationship! (You can let go now).
You’ll be glad to know I’m nearly finished. I have to end on a serious note now. On behalf of the entire wedding party I would like to thank you all for coming to share in this wonderful occasion, and I ask you all to join me in a small prayer.
May the bride and groom have a happy, and successful marriage.
May they forever be, as the Quran advises, both adornment, and protection for each other.
And finally, may they be the best of partners in helping the other get closer to Allah.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mr and Mrs [Ali] [Muhammad]!
---------

Haha! Enjoyed!:) With best wishes to the couple - and you as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, and thank you :)
DeleteYou are very welcome.
ReplyDeleteHope all's well with you:)
Alhamdulillah, All is indeed well, thank you. Just busy.
Delete