Monday, 9 August 2010

On The Month That Is About To Come...

I sense a change in the month that is about to come, and it is linked to the month itself. The most powerful, most spiritual, soul-nourishing month is almost here. And with it, a whole new lifestyle will come. No TV, no movies, no msn, little or no forum postage, no procrastination. More prayers, more contemplation, more writing, more selflessness, more introspection and self-examination, and more Quran. Maybe this time I'll actually be able to finish the recitation of a whole Quran during the month, inshaAllah.

I also feel, under the surface, that the extra time put to good use, especially contemplation, and the self-examination, will reap positive benefits. As I have got older, especially over the last one year, I've began to have a clearer picture about what I want from life, and the type of person I want to become. Not much has changed in general terms, but I see more details, in clearer, sharper vision, if that makes sense. In the sacred environment of the most holy of months, I intend to totally examine and re-examine all of these under a microscope, and keep only what is good, and Islamically acceptable, and purge what isn't.

It's not just about me, and who I want to be come, and what I want out of life though...there is other stuff swilling in my head.. mostly musings that in the lead up to this month have taken more and more tangible forms, and maybe just a little more exploration and refinement of such thoughts will perhaps give rise to some noteworthy posts. I don't know. Perhaps this is all empty words, and by the end of the month I won't have written anything. But I feel so... optimistic. I really feel that I will benefit from this month like never before, and show it at least partly through what I will output here.

In either case, we won't know until the holy month is over. Before I retreat into my cave for the month, I wish that all who stumble upon my blog gain the maximum benefit from the blessed month, and have all their prayers answered.

inshaAllah.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds marvelous. Even if you don't get to go point to point as you had initially planned (which I pray you will)-you are rewarded for your genuine intentions if, God wills.

    Thank you for the prayers directed to your readers.
    Early Ramadan mubarak to you Imran.

    ReplyDelete