Mac OS X 10.6, also known as Snow Leopard, was released late last autumn. The price for upgrading to 10.6 from 10.5? £25. Unbelievable. Some companies charge at least four times as much for an upgrade. But then the upgrade was marketed more as an evolution rather than revolution, which meant that having it was by no means necessary - the upgrade provided tweaks and refinements, but not major, necessary, changes.
But is a whole bundle of tweaks and refinements worth the price? Well, I've been wishy-washy on this for long enough, so I decided to find out today.
Result? Worth every penny. This must be the only upgrade that takes less space than it's predecessor. And the tweaks are all over the place. Pretty much every process has been refined, so it is the same, yet different, and somehow better. I'm glad I did it.
Now about that iPad...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment