Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Hope

OK...so I'm at a really low point. However, all is not lost as long as I have the gift of life. And I make use of it.

There are some people, who, currently, have done more good than bad. They are in a positive balance. If they died today, they'd be pretty much ok in the next life. There are others who have good and bad in a balance, and for them, the next deed is the most crucial, as it could tip the scales either way. Then there are people like me, who have done more bad than good, and if they were to die today, they would be doomed. No chance at intercesion either. [Do not argue with me - I know this fact to be true, as far as my own status is concerned.]

Redemption for me lies in a life full of hard work. A long life would help here, as it gives me more time to do good, and hopefully work my way into a sort of positive balance, but that is entirely out of my hands. I guess I need to hope. Hope that I can. And, of course, hope that if I fail, I can rely on the mercy of a compassionate Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment