I have a quite a few things to say..I hope I remember them all.
I have been away for most of Sha'ban, helping family. I feel closer to them, and am glad I went. We came home 2 days before the month of Ramadhan started, so we were quite lucky in that as well. I have been reflecting quite a bit, and have been blessed in that I don't have to start university yet.
Anyway, that's by way of introduction. I came across this thread on ShiaChat. What do you want to have done by 30? I gave my top 5 goals there, and here they are again:
Hajj
All Ziyarats
Learn Arabic + Farsi
Read about 500- 1000 books on just about everything (more if I can)
Marriage + children
Secure a TC
Exceptional grades in this year's exams
Manage money issues
Certain spiritual targets.
Marriage (tentative)
Al-Asr 2009 (tentative)
Driving
Anyway, this brings me round to my conclusion. Tonight is the 21st of the month of Ramadhan, and I start university tomorrow. Hence the title for this post, the calm before the storm. I have a few precious hours of solitude left, before I hit the ground running at university, and am glad for the chance to have been able to reflect before it all started.
WS
PS: Get two totally awesome sets of lectures here (the top 5 only) and here

So two years later, how is this list looking? Anything ticked, crossed out, changed?
ReplyDeleteWow. I haven't thought about this post for ages.
ReplyDeleteThe targets for age 30 remain. Pretty much everything else had been changed, and/or is still left to do.